What's a Second?
Second Quality Expectations, Shipping Details, and More
What does "Second Quality" mean?
Juliska Factory Outlet is the EXCLUSIVE source for Juliska Second Quality Merchandise.
Juliska is an artisanal line, so no two items, even first quality, are ever identical. When checked by Quality Control, some goods are rejected for cosmetic reasons. These rejections, if minor, are fully functional "second quality" products that Juliska sells EXCLUSIVELY through our Factory Outlet Store.
Seconds are items that have a cosmetic defect-seconds are not broken, chipped, cracked, unpolished, or sharp. They serve the same purpose as our first quality merchandise. Please read the descriptions of the items you wish to order.
"Second Quality" ceramics will have cosmetic flaws such as minor color/glaze/shape variations, glazed pinholes, or mold marks.
"Second Quality" wood/resin products will have cosmetic flaws such as minor color/shape variations, knots that are not perfectly smooth, or small gaps between the resin and wood.
"Second Quality" glassware will have cosmetic flaws such as minor bubbles, slight color/shape or applied decoration variations.
"Second Quality" linens will have cosmetic flaws such as minor sizing or color (dye lot) variation.
Ceramics: Our Portuguese stoneware ceramics are developed in a variety of exquisite transparent, opaque, and metallic glazes on a tough Portuguese stoneware body. Every pattern has the same tough durability to handle the most demanding everyday use.
- Ceramics Care: Dishwasher (avoid high heat), freezer, microwave and oven safe (up to 500 degrees). We recommend hand washing pieces that contain a non-ceramic component, such as metal, gold or platinum; please note these items are not microwave safe. Avoid cleaners that contain citrus. While not common, over time, metal trail markings may occur on the stoneware surface due to flatware use. These marks are not scratches, and not due to a manufacturing defect in our ceramics, but steel residue on top of the glaze left by stainless steel flatware. Using a combination of citrus cleansers and high heat in your dishwasher can lead to more prominent metal markings.
Glassware: We're delighted to offer mouth-blown or hand pressed glass designs with a focus on versatile style and everyday durability. Each has its own individual character – small bubbles, slight color and size variations will appear. Juliska glass is lead-free.
Glassware Care: Top-rack dishwasher safe. Not suitable for hot contents, freezer or microwave use.
Metalware Serving Pieces: Each piece is handmade and polished to brilliance. Given the artisanal process, no two pieces are alike. Slight variations are expected and celebrated as a sign of authentic craftsmanship.
Metalware Serving Piece Care: NOT dishwasher, oven, or microwave safe. Hand wash with a gentle detergent and dry immediately with a soft cloth. Do not soak or leave unwashed overnight. Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring pads that can scratch and dull metal surfaces.
- Wood/Marble: NOT dishwasher, oven, or microwave safe. Hand wash with a gentle detergent, do not use steel wool or scouring pads as they will scratch wood; dry immediately with a soft cloth. Do not soak or leave unwashed overnight. Mineral oil can be used to restore richness of the wood color- apply with a soft cloth, let stand one hour and wipe away excess with a gentle detergent, dry immediately. Note: As with all marble, wine, or strongly colored foods may stain the naturally porous material.
- Linens: Machine wash linens on a warm cycle; do not use bleach. Lay flat to dry and iron on reverse.
Order Processing & Shipping/Handling Charges
We are unable to cancel orders.
We currently offer Standard Ground Shipping with UPS within the continental United States. All orders require up to three business days from the time that they were placed for processing and credit card verification. Larger orders may arrive in multiple packages. This charge covers packing, packaging, and the actual shipping fee.
- Order value $50-$100: 25% shipping/handling is added
- Order value $100-$200: 15% shipping/handling cost is added
- Order value $200-$400: 10% shipping/handling cost is added
- Order value over $400: 5% shipping/handling cost is added
We are unable to offer:
- International shipping
- Expedited shipping
- Saturday/Holiday delivery
- Delivery to a PO Box, Military Post office or Freight Forwarding Company
- Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
Refusal of Delivery
- If you refuse delivery of any order placed on juliskafactoryoutlet.com, the package will be returned to our warehouse and you will be subjected to a re-stocking fee of 25%. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
What is your return policy?
ALL items at Juliska Factory Outlet are FINAL SALE. There are no refunds or exchanges. No price adjustments can be made on Outlet merchandise. Please note: Items purchased from www.juliskafactoryoutlet.com cannot be returned to a Juliska retailer partner or www.juliska.com.
What if my shipment arrives damaged?
When your order arrives, OPEN THE BOXES IMMEDIATELY to check for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. You must contact us within four business days of receipt of the package to file a damage claim and provide photographs of the damaged merchandise. Photos can be texted to 203-539-9113 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number. To assure prompt resolution, please retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier. We will replace broken items if the above instructions are followed. Broken merchandise will be replaced, not refunded.
Do you offer gift wrap or gift registry?
We're sorry, but we do not have the ability to include gift wrap or gift enclosures with your order. Gift registry is available at www.juliska.com.
What is a Silly Deal?
A Silly Deal is a price so low that it is SILLY!
Can I speak with a live person?
Absolutely! We love hearing from you. Call us at (854)-202-8056 between the hours of 10:00AM - 5:00PM EST Monday-Saturday at the Outlet Store. You can always email us at email@example.com, or call or text us at 843-870-9054.