Quality Expectations & FAQs
What does "Second Quality" mean?
The Juliska brand produces an artisanal product line and no two items are ever identical, even in a first quality piece.
Due to the artisanal nature of our production, we normally reject 10-30% of finished goods. These rejections, if minor, become fully functional "second quality" products that we sell exclusively through our Factory Outlet Store.
A "second" would be an item that has a cosmetic defect or a flaw. Never a chip, crack, tear or sharp edges. We do not offer any second quality items where functionality has been compromised.
Please see the below product line specifics for clarification:
"Second Quality" ceramics will have a slight cosmetic flaw like minor color/shape variations or glazed pinholes.
"Second Quality" wood/resin products will have a slight cosmetic flaw like minor color/shape variations, knots that are not perfectly smooth, or small gaps between the resin and wood.
"Second Quality" glassware will have a slight cosmetic flaw like minor bubbles, slight color/shape or applied decoration variations. No flaws compromise the functionality.
"Second Quality" linens will have a slight cosmetic flaw like minor sizing or color (dye lot) variation.
What is a Silly Deal?
A Silly Deal is a product with a heavily reduced price - so low that it is silly! Generally it is because we own a large quantity. Silly Deal products have the same function and quality expectations.
First Quality Retired
Occasionally we include "First Quality" products that have been retired (discontinued). These products would carry all first quality expectations you can find on www.juliska.com. All purchases from the Juliska Factory Outlet are final sale including these first quality pieces.
Ceramics: Dishwasher, Freezer, Microwave and Oven Safe. Our stoneware ceramic is oven safe up to 500 degrees. For any products that include gold or platinum we recommend hand washing, and they are not dishwasher safe.
- Glassware: Dishwasher safe. Not suitable for hot contents, freezer or microwave use.
- Metal: Not dishwasher, oven, or microwave safe. Hand wash with a gentle detergent and dry immediately with a soft cloth. Do not soak or leave unwashed overnight. Avoid acidic agents and detergents containing lemon. Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring pads that can scratch and dull metal surfaces.
- Wood: Not dishwasher, oven, or microwave safe. Hand wash with a gentle detergent, do not use steel wool or scouring pads as they will scratch wood; dry immediately with a soft cloth. Do not soak or leave unwashed overnight. Mineral oil can be used to restore richness of the wood color- apply with a soft cloth, let stand one hour and wipe away excess with a gentle detergent, dry immediately. Note— as with all marble, wine or rich colored foods may stain the naturally porous material.
- Cork: Hand wipe with a damp cloth to clean. While safe for direct food use, cork will stain if exposed to certain elements or dark colors, just like the cork in your favorite bottle of red wine.
- Melamine & Acrylic: Dishwasher safe, top shelf recommended; not oven, microwave or freezer safe. BPA free; acrylic is not suitable for hot contents.
- Linens: Machine wash linens on a warm cycle; do not use bleach. Lay flat to dry and iron on reverse. Spot clean placemats as needed.
Capucine De Wulf Jewelry is designed with love! Our jewelry is made of a variety of materials; semi-precious stones, re-constituted stones, and natural materials such as teak and coral. 18k gold plated sterling silver. All pieces are handmade by established jewelry makers in Thailand.
Avoid contact with water, lotion, perfume, chlorine, perspiration, hairspray and make-up as these can alter the finish. Keep in signature fempower fushia pouch when not being worn.
Order Processing & Shipping Charges
Shipping Methods & Costs
We currently offer Standard Ground Shipping with FedEx within the continental United States. All orders require up to two business days from the time that they were placed for processing and credit card verification.
- Order value $50-$100 25% shipping cost is added
- Order value $100-$200 15% shipping cost is added
- Order value $200-$400 10% shipping cost is added
- Order value over $400 5% shipping cost is added
Unfortunately at this time, we do not offer
- International shipping
- Saturday/Holiday delivery
- Delivery to a PO Box, Military Post office or Freight Forwarding Company
- Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
- Orders placed on weekends and holidays will be processed the next business day.
Refusal of Delivery
- If you refuse delivery of any order placed on Juliskafactoryoutlet.com the package will be returned to our warehouse and you may be subjected to a re-stocking fee and shipping costs are non-refundable.
What is your return policy?
All items at Juliska Factory Outlet are final sale, there are no refunds or exchanges.
When will my order ship?
We pride ourselves in handling your orders quickly, with most items shipping within 2-4 business days from our distribution center. Should your order include multiple items, they may arrive in separate packages. We do not currently accept international orders.
What if my shipment arrives damaged?
When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for a shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please contact us immediately at (203) 316-0212 ex 404 or you can email us at email@example.com
Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number. To assure prompt resolution, please retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.
Do you gift-wrap?
Sorry we are not able to offer gift-wrap in the Factory Outlet.
Can I communicate with a live person?
Yes! You can call us (203) 316-0212 ex. 404 or 405 between the hours of 10:00AM - 5:00PM EST Monday-Friday. Or use the "Chat With Us" option. Please note, "Chat With Us" is only available during the business hours of Monday - Friday 10:00AM - 5:00PM Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org